The living room is often the centerpiece of a home, where family and friends gather to relax and enjoy each other’s company. One of the key elements in any living room is the television, and incorporating built-ins around the TV can elevate both the style and functionality of the space. In this article, we will explore various design ideas, tips, and considerations for creating built-ins around your TV in 2023.
Benefits of Built-Ins Around TV
1. Aesthetics: Built-ins provide a seamless and integrated look, allowing your TV to blend harmoniously with the surrounding decor.
2. Storage: Built-in cabinets and shelves provide ample storage space for media devices, books, accessories, and more.
3. Organization: Built-ins help keep your living room tidy by concealing cables, cords, and other unsightly clutter.
4. Personalization: Custom built-ins allow you to showcase your unique style and personality through the choice of materials, finishes, and design elements.
5. Functionality: Built-ins can be tailored to accommodate additional features such as a fireplace, sound system, or display shelves for artwork and collectibles.
1. Minimalist Elegance: Opt for sleek and clean lines to create a contemporary look. Use neutral colors and hidden storage compartments to maintain a clutter-free appearance.
2. Rustic Charm: Incorporate natural wood finishes and textured materials for a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Add open shelves to display decorative items and enhance the warmth of the space.
3. Modern Entertainment Hub: Create a designated area for your TV by installing a large wall unit with built-in cabinets. Include adjustable shelves and compartments to accommodate various media devices.
4. Book Lover’s Paradise: Combine your love for books and entertainment by incorporating built-in bookshelves around your TV. Create a cozy reading nook by adding a comfortable chair or window seat nearby.
5. Artistic Display: Showcase your artwork or family photos by integrating display shelves around your TV. Use proper lighting to highlight these pieces and create a visually appealing focal point.
1. Size and Placement: Measure the dimensions of your TV and the available wall space to ensure a proper fit. Consider the viewing angles and seating arrangement in the room for optimal comfort.
2. Wiring and Cable Management: Plan for cable routing and ensure that built-ins have proper openings for wire access. Use cable management solutions such as conduits or wire raceways to keep cables hidden and organized.
3. Ventilation: If incorporating audio-visual equipment, ensure proper ventilation to prevent overheating. Consider built-in cooling systems or ventilation grills to maintain optimal performance.
4. Lighting: Install appropriate lighting to reduce glare on the TV screen and create a cozy ambiance. Consider dimmable lights or LED strips behind the TV for a dramatic effect.
5. Professional Assistance: If you are unsure about the design or installation process, consult an interior designer or contractor who specializes in built-ins to ensure a seamless and well-executed project.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can built-ins around the TV be customized to match my existing furniture?
Yes, built-ins can be customized to match your existing furniture. You can choose materials, finishes, and design elements that complement your current decor.
2. How long does it take to install built-ins around the TV?
The installation time depends on the complexity of the project and the size of the built-ins. It can range from a few days to a few weeks.
3. Can I install built-ins around a wall-mounted TV?
Yes, built-ins can be installed around a wall-mounted TV. Proper measurements and planning are essential to ensure a seamless integration.
4. Are built-ins a good option for small living rooms?
Built-ins can be a great option for small living rooms as they maximize storage space and create a streamlined look. Opt for space-saving designs that utilize vertical storage.
5. How much does it cost to install built-ins around the TV?
The cost of installing built-ins around the TV varies depending on factors such as materials, size, complexity, and location. It is recommended to obtain multiple quotes from professionals to get an accurate estimate.