YouTube TV has gained popularity as a streaming service that offers live TV channels to its subscribers. However, many users wonder if they can share their YouTube TV subscription with friends or family members living in different houses. In this article, we will explore the rules and limitations of sharing YouTube TV across multiple locations.
Can You Share Your YouTube TV Subscription?
Yes, you can share your YouTube TV subscription with family members or friends living in different houses. YouTube TV allows the primary account holder to create up to six accounts and share the service with others. Each account will have its own login credentials, personalized recommendations, and DVR library.
How Does Sharing YouTube TV Work?
When you share YouTube TV with someone, they will have access to all the features and benefits of the service. They can watch live TV, record shows to their own DVR library, and customize their channel lineup and settings. Each user will have their own separate profile, ensuring a personalized experience.
Are There Any Limitations?
While you can share your YouTube TV subscription, there are a few limitations to keep in mind:
- Geographical Restrictions: YouTube TV is currently available only in the United States. So, anyone you share your subscription with must be located within the country.
- Simultaneous Streams: YouTube TV allows up to three simultaneous streams per subscription. This means that three different households can watch different channels at the same time.
- Home Location Requirement: The primary account holder’s home location is used to determine the available channels and regional sports networks. If someone you share the subscription with travels outside the home location, they may not have access to all the channels.
How to Share YouTube TV with Others
To share your YouTube TV subscription with others, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube TV app or website and sign in to your account.
- Go to “Settings” by clicking on your profile picture.
- Select “Family Sharing.”
- Click on “Set Up.”
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite.
- Click on “Send” to invite them to join your YouTube TV family group.
1. Can I share YouTube TV with friends who live outside the United States?
No, YouTube TV is only available within the United States. Sharing with users outside the country is not possible.
2. How many people can I share my YouTube TV subscription with?
You can share your YouTube TV subscription with up to six people. This includes family members or friends living in different households.
3. Can all the users under my YouTube TV subscription watch simultaneously?
YouTube TV allows up to three simultaneous streams per subscription. This means that three different households can watch different channels at the same time.
4. Can the people I share my subscription with access my personal DVR recordings?
No, each user under your YouTube TV subscription will have their own separate DVR library and cannot access each other’s recordings.
5. Can I remove or add users to my YouTube TV family group?
Yes, as the primary account holder, you have the ability to remove or add users to your YouTube TV family group at any time.