Tweet September 11, 2018 7:12 am Leave your thoughts
CAPE TOWN – A train caught fire early on Tuesday morning at the Strand railway station.
Metrorail says the fire was caused by an electrical fault. The blaze has now been doused.
Metrorail’s Richard Walker explains: “It was an electrical fault while the train driver was busy with a power test. An electrical shortage caused some sparks and a small fire. This was quickly extinguished by staff on the scene.”
The train company has arranged buses to operate between Strand and Blackheath stations.
(Edited by Shimoney Regter)
Categorised in: News Headlines