Two men killed in Caledon protests identified | CTlive.info - South Africa News

# # # # #

KILLED: Two protesters shot
Cape Town – Two men who were killed during a service delivery protest in Caledon have been identified as Tebogo Matselebane, 26, and Jason Windvogel, 18.

Committee of Caledon spokesperson Odwa Silimela, who is also the EFF’s secretary in the Overberg region, confirmed the details.

“The families of the deceased have been informed and funeral arrangements are under way. Windvorgel will be buried on April 13 in Caledon and Matselebane will be laid to rest in Matatiele, Eastern Cape, during the Easter weekend,” he said

Police spokesperson André Traut said the case had been handed to the Independent Police Investigative Directorate for a probe.

Meanwhile, life in Caledon has returned to normal.

“Kids are back at school, people are back to work and the community is currently erecting their shacks,” Silimela said.

On Thursday, the people of Caledon marched to the Theewaterskloof municipal offices to hand over a memorandum of demands for proper housing, sanitation and service delivery.

They gave municipal officials seven days to respond.


@TheCapeArgus

[email protected]

Cape Argus

Follow Us
Popular Posts
  • Amplats puts 270ha of land in new hands

  • Social media reacts to innocent looking Vusi ‘Khekhe’ Mathibela

  • PICS: Two people dead, two injured in Kempton Park crash

  • NZ mosque attack toll rises to 50, authorities to begin releasing bodies

  • Ex-DA member sticks to his guns over R600m kickback for party

  • How climate change is sinking an Indian island.

  • Convicted racist Vicki Momberg’s appeal postponed to June